By-Laws and By-Law Enforcement
Township of Carlow/Mayo is in the process of making its by-laws available electronically. The Municipality has many by-laws and will post those on our website which are requested the most by the public. If there is a by-law that you would like to see posted please email us at email@example.com. Paper copies of all by-laws are available at the municipal office.
Municipal Solicitors: Lorne Plater, Lorne C. Plater Professional Corporation
John Ewart, Ewart O'Dwyer
The Building & By-law Enforcement Department is responsible for the enforcement of by-laws passed by Council of the Township of Carlow/Mayo. Typical issues that are dealt with include,
- Accumulation of debris on private property
- Illegal dumping
- Mandatory recycling
- Zoning By-law violations (e.g. illegal placement of trailers on vacant lands)
By-law complaints must be registered in writing. Complaints sent by email will also be accepted. Complaints will be accepted only if the following information is provided:
- Complainant name, address and telephone number.
- Complaint location (address).
- Satisfactory explanation of the complaint and details that would assist with an investigation.
- Summary of when and where the problem/infraction is occuring.
Our primary goals and objectives are to provide services which focus on public safety and a balanced quality of life in our community.
By-Law Enforcement Officer: Robert Elstone
Closed Meeting Investigator Program
The Township of Carlow/Mayo is under the County of Hastings Services Agreement with LAS and Aird & Berlis LLP have been contracted to provide Closed Meeting Investigator Services.