The province of Ontario declares second provincial emergency to address COVID-19 crisis and save lives effective immediately. Effective January 14, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. the Government of Ontario is issuing a stay-at-home order, requiring everyone to remain at home with the exceptions for permitted purposes or activities. For more information, please visit https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/59922/ontario-declares-second-provincial-emergency-to-address-covid-19-crisis-and-save-lives
The Township of Carlow/Mayo continues to closely monitor the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic by the following; our local Health Unit (Hastings and Prince Edward Counties Public Health) and new releases from our Federal and Provincial Government.
Carlow/ Mayo Additional Restrictions
The Township of Carlow/Mayo continues to be in a State of Emergency (as of March 30, 2020) and has the following additional local restrictions:
- The Municipal Office is CLOSED to public entry
- Limit of (1) one person at a time on the front step of the Municipal Office
- Carlow and Mayo Community Centres are closed to rentals
- Foster Lake rink and building is closed for the winter season
- Carlow Mayo Public Library is Curbside Pick Up only
- Council Meetings will be held electronically by Zoom only
Please keep in mind, similar to other areas, face coverings are mandatory upon entry into buildings (unless you meet the exemption guidelines).
COVID-19 Safety Measures and Other Resources
We encourage all residents to:
- practice safe social distancing 6 feet (2 metres) apart
- wash or sanitize hands whenever possible
- follow current restrictions that apply to the current COVID-19 Zone.
Individuals who are concerned that they may have COVID-19 are advised to visit https://hpepublichealth.ca/. If they have recently travelled or have been in close contact with an individual who has probable/ confirmed case, individuals are asked to contact HPEPH at 613-966-5500 or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 for more information and guidance.
For more information on COVID-19 please visit:
- Government of Canada’s COVID-19 website – https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
- Province of Ontario COVID-19- https://covid-19.ontario.ca/
- Bancroft Community Family Health Team- https://bcfht.org
- Public Health Ontario- https://www.publichealthontario.ca
- Hastings and Prince Edward Counties Public Health-https://hpepublichealth.ca/covid-19-cases/