A Provincewide Stay at Home Order is in effect April 8, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. This requires everyone to remain at home except for essential purposes. For more information please visit: https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/61029/ontario-enacts-provincial-emergency-and-stay-at-home-order
In addition to restrictions outlined by the province, Dr. Piotr Oglaza, Medical Officer of Health and CEO at HPEPH, has implemented a Class 22 Order effective March 30, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. To read more on the Class 22 Order, please visit: https://hpepublichealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/COVID-19-Section22-Class-Order-March29-2021.pdf
If you are over 60, you are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccination in Hastings County! To book an appointment, visit https://covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/ or call 1-833-943-3900 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. 7 days/week.
If you need assistance with transportation (including accessible) across Hastings County, help is available. Please visit: https://unitedwayhpe.ca/transportation/
The Township of Carlow/Mayo continues to closely monitor the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic by the following; our local Health Unit (Hastings and Prince Edward Counties Public Health) and new releases from our Federal and Provincial Government.
Carlow/ Mayo Additional Restrictions
The Township of Carlow/Mayo has the following additional local restrictions:
- Municipal Office is closed to public entry
- Limit of (1) one person at a time on the front step of the Municipal Office
- Carlow and Mayo Community Centres are closed
- Carlow Mayo Public Library is Curbside Pick Up only
- Council Meetings will be held electronically by Zoom
Please keep in mind, similar to other areas, face coverings are mandatory upon entry into buildings (unless you meet the exemption guidelines).
COVID-19 Safety Measures and Other Resources
We encourage all residents to:
- practice safe social distancing 6 feet (2 metres) apart
- wash or sanitize hands whenever possible
- follow current restrictions that apply to the current COVID-19 Zone.
Individuals who are concerned that they may have COVID-19 are advised to visit https://hpepublichealth.ca/. If they have recently travelled or have been in close contact with an individual who has probable/ confirmed case, individuals are asked to contact HPEPH at 613-966-5500 or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 for more information and guidance.
For more information on COVID-19 please visit:
- Government of Canada’s COVID-19 website – https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
- Province of Ontario COVID-19- https://covid-19.ontario.ca/
- Provincial Reopening Framework: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/zones-and-restrictions#when-regions-are-returning-to-the-covid-19-response-framework
- Bancroft Community Family Health Team- https://bcfht.org
- Public Health Ontario- https://www.publichealthontario.ca
- Hastings and Prince Edward Counties Public Health-https://hpepublichealth.ca/covid-19-cases/
- Hastings County GIS COVID-19 Data Map- https://hastings-gis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=95cda99b80e549a384dd759e558712ed