The Township of Carlow/Mayo does not have a Fire Department. The Township does have a Municipal Fire Management Agreement with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry to extinguish grass, brush and forest fires.
If you have a fire, please call 9-1-1 for the appropriate authorities to be notified.
|Day Burning Allowed||November 1st to March 31st|
|Night Burning Only
(7 p.m. to 7 a.m.)
|April 1st to October 31st|
|TOTAL FIRE BAN||NO OPEN AIR BURNING!|
What does a TOTAL FIRE BAN mean? It means absolutely No Open Air Burning, you may not:
- Set off fireworks
- Have a campfire for cooking or warmth
- Use flying lanterns
How do I know when there is a TOTAL FIRE BAN?
Fire Bans are done in conjunction the Town of Bancroft. Fire Bans are advertised at the following:
- 7 Moose FM Radio Station
- Carlow & Mayo Waste Sites
- Carlow & Mayo Commnity Centres
- Cunningham’s Country Store
- On our Municipal Website
Fire Meter signs will point to a TOTAL FIRE BAN, which may be found at the following locations:
- 66 Mayo Lake Road; entrance to the Mayo Community Centre
- 3987 Boulter Road; in front of the Municipal Office
- Hwy 517; near the Renfrew County boarder
- New Carlow Road; near the Hastings Highlands border
- Boulter Road; near the Hastings Highlands border
Restricted Fire Zone; if the fire hazard becomes extreme, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry may declare a Restricted Fire Zone (RFZ), these announcements will be on your local radio station. When a RFZ is in effect, no open air burning is allowed. This includes camp fires that are not in an approved organized campground.
Municipalities may prohibit all open air burning before the MNRF implements a RFZ.
The Forest Fires Prevention Act, stipulates that a responsible person must tend to the fire until it is extinguished and have adequate tools or water to contain the fire. The fire must be at least two metres from any flammable materials.
Fires for cooking or warmth may be started anytime during the fire season providing:
- The fire site is on bare rock or non-combustible material
- The fire is at least 1 metre from any flammable material
- The space above the fire is at least 3 metres from vegetation
- The fire does not exceed 1 metre in height and 1 metre in diameter.
Please watch what and where you burn!
|Police Services||Bancroft O.P.P||FOR AN EMERGENCY: 9-1-1
Local Detachment: 613-332-2112
|Ambulance Service||Hastings Quinte EMS||FOR AN EMERGENCY: 9-1-1
Local Detachment: 613-332-6601
|Hospital||Quinte Health Care North Hastings||FOR AN EMERGENCY: 9-1-1
Local Detachment: 613-332-2825
|Power Outages||Hydro One||Emergencies &Power Outages: 1-800-434-1235
General Inquiries: 1-888-664-9376
|Telephone Services||Bell Canada||Landline Support: 1-866-310-2355
Mobile Device: 6-1-1
|Fire Services||The Township of Carlow/Mayo
does not have a Fire Department
|FOR AN EMERGENCY: 9-1-1 for the appropriate authorities to be notified|